All right then, so the state tournament! There have been some changes...
First of all, I'm not going. I'm afraid I have a bit of a family emergency, and I won't be at school this week at all. Mr. Hatcher has graciously offered to pith in and take you guys to Albuquerque. Although we had originally planned on staying overnight on Thursday, sadly this is no longer the case. The chess trip will be a one-day event, on Friday, April 22. Here's what you need to know!
1. Bring a permission slip! There is a copy of the permission slip attached below.
2. The bus leaves promptly at 8:00 on Friday morning! Plan on getting there a few minutes early, for head-counting. The first round starts at around 9:00 in Albuquerque so please be on time!
3. The tourney will be over by around 4:00. The plan is to go to Lin's Chinese Buffet after the tournament. I'm asking all the students ti bring $10.00 to pay for their dinner. If this is an issue, please drop me a line or give me a call and we'll work it out. No worries. :)
4. The kids will not return to Santa Fe in time to take the normal bus home. Parents will need to pick up their kids from school! Plan on somewhere around 6:00 PM.
5. There are two tournaments occurring simultaneously. The first is the MS State Championship Tourney, which both the Middle School A and Middle School B team will compete. The second is an individual tournament, not a team one. All remaining players will compete in the individual tournament.
Remember....have fun and show good sportsmanship. :)